Chris Woo facilitating
1. Calling on people who do not speak up more was brought up as being included in another form of facilitation
2 . A proposal by Rep Elaine Necrite to change the criminal code concerning the recording of police officers in the course of their duty in public space 729 ILCs 5/14-3 HB3944 was discussed . The support of this proposed bill by OSI and our requesting the support of other occupations in Illinois was requested. Passed by unanimous agreement.
3. A question was posed as to what time the press was expected to attend the Foodraiser. It was noted that Black sheep, and at least one other group was collecting food for the Foodraiser. The printing and passing of fliers @ shopping center was requested… as were large signs for the plaza. Signs to include the 100 /plate vs cans of food for the hungry idea. Reading the press release before hand was requested.
* reading all future press releases and speaking accordingly was proposed.
4. Obama 5 yr ” hope and change ” speech anniversary picket @ 2pm 2/10/12 was set
5. Abraham Lincoln Unitarian Universalist church fundraiser concert by Charlie King “songs for the 99%” was noted
6. A second protest concerning unemployment extension expiration with trades and labor @ Schocks office 2/17 (tentatively) was brought to the table.
7. It was noted that the printer and a replacement toner kit is on the way and that we need paper for which approval of purchase was asked and agreed to. Woo’s naked head was in attendance as the hat was passed…!
8. Progress report on Homeless Joe was given. He will soon have his LINK benefits and some mental health care and a trip to Danville to see his family. Volunteers to drive were taken.
9. Saturdays minutes were requested.
10. 2/8 a movie @ the library “At the River” was brought to our attention and Jim said he would make fliers to pass out there if someone would be there to pass them out
11. Book club@ Andiamos Sunday 3/4 12-2 pm was announced. Please have Saul Alinsky’s “Rules for Radicals” read and come join us!
12.Physical occupation and setting a date prior to march 15 St. Louis discussed.